Blu-ray + UHD/4K + Streaming

A community for authoring Blu-ray, 4K/UHD and more!

Is anyone still out there?

I'm getting a string of these messages in my compile.doCS.log file which is causing the multiplexer to stop running:
"Warning : PG stream: DTS[DSn](113071700.500000) < PTS[DSn-1](113074166.500000), need to adjust some subtitle timing to be not so dense."
The video stream in the project is 23.976, it has (1) 5.1 dolby digital track and (2) dolby stereo tracks, along with (7) language subtitle streams. The subtitle files are full size images.
What is causing this?
Any knowledge would be welcome!

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have narrowed it down.  I can only multiplex (2) subtitle tracks.  Adding a third causes it to fail.  I'm thinking it's because they are full size images, but the subtitle cropping tool doesn't seem to want to play nice.  Anyone have any insight on how to get it to work properly?

The error message says ‘need to adjust some subtitle timing to be not so dense’. Could it be that you have lots of subs that have start and end timecodes that are very close together with little or no gap between them?

I thought that maybe that was the case, so I started loading in one track at a time, and the first (2) loaded without issue.

Could it be that having (7) subtitle tracks that all have the same or similar start times is too much?  I can do that on a DVD all day long without issue.  I would have thought that Blu-ray could hadn't that in abundance.

Steve Kirkham said:

The error message says ‘need to adjust some subtitle timing to be not so dense’. Could it be that you have lots of subs that have start and end timecodes that are very close together with little or no gap between them?

I'm not a DoStudio expert, but I wonder if it's at all buffer related? What size are your images? Are they full raster 1920x1080 or did your subtitling tool crop and position them to just the required size?

I second Steve's suggestion of subs close to each other, that's what the error message suggests to me.

Thanks for your thoughts.  I've been working with the subtitling group and have realized two things.  (1) yes they are full raster images, but DoStudio has easily managed with those before, although I've never used 7 subtitle tracks at the same time, so I did use the cropping tool, but (2) there are blank pngs in the stream for some reason.  It turns out that the subtitling group started of using the timing of an English SDH track and just blanked out the descriptors without eliminating the un-needed subtitle events.  Once we eliminated these blank PNGs, everything is seeming to work correctly.

Once I have a final version of all of these files, I'll report back if this resolved the issue.

Ari

David Mackenzie said:

I'm not a DoStudio expert, but I wonder if it's at all buffer related? What size are your images? Are they full raster 1920x1080 or did your subtitling tool crop and position them to just the required size?

I second Steve's suggestion of subs close to each other, that's what the error message suggests to me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Rob Aubey replied to Henry Weintraub's discussion Managed Copy Information error
"Hey Carlos, I would try both options. Try a full uninstall / reinstall on the Win 10 system. And…"
Sep 30
Carlos Velasco replied to Henry Weintraub's discussion Managed Copy Information error
"Hey Rob, Yes we are running Windows 10, so reinstalling wouldn't work then. We do have a…"
Sep 30
Rob Aubey replied to Henry Weintraub's discussion Managed Copy Information error
"Hello Carlos, As has been mentioned, this error / issue has been hard to identify. Are you running…"
Sep 29
Carlos Velasco replied to Henry Weintraub's discussion Managed Copy Information error
"Thanks! will be doing that this weekend."
Sep 26

© 2019   Created by Denny and Rob.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service