Blu-ray + UHD/4K + Streaming

A community for authoring Blu-ray, 4K/UHD and more!

So how will DoStudio Handle managed copy. I know we can already add the ISAN etc, but will Netblender be offering an authorisation server subscription service or similar to help smaller independent distributors comply with the new rules from 2nd quarter 2010

Im already getting questions from my clients.

Cheers

Tony

Views: 500

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ian

We have clients that still get ISAN and others that dont.  Not had any issues either way. I would doubt there would be any long term issues now.

Cheers
Tony

Thanks Tony,

The reason I ask now is a document sent out to AACS licensors, dated 14th November, called

"AACS Notice 2012-15: Managed Copy Notices for Content Companies and Adopters"

It talks about a "staged rollout" of "managed copy offers". The bit that caught my eye says

"The launch of the AACS MCAS is expected to be in the first quarter of 2013. All Blu-ray discs released after the AACS MCAS launch must have associated Managed Copy Offers. A content company is, of course, free to make Managed Copy Offers for Blu-ray discs released under the Interim content agreements." (My emphasis.) 

Does anybody know what this means ?!? Does it have any implications for discs that don't include ISAN or a managed copy URL ?

Ian

Tony Laughton said:

Hi Ian

We have clients that still get ISAN and others that dont.  Not had any issues either way. I would doubt there would be any long term issues now.

Cheers
Tony

Hmm well that is interesting then. I thought they had abandoned it

Hello Tony and all,

There have been some recent changes to the Manged Copy feature by the AACS LA Group. Many of the updates and changes are specific to the replicators and handled at that stage of the project.

To answer the question by Ian directly as it applies to DoStudio. The ISAN numbers are no longer an AACS requirement for a Blu-ray replicated project. As such no URL is needed.

I hope this helps, Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for that. So just to be completely clear - ISAN and a URL are needed if the customer wants to use managed copy, but if they don't need managed copy then ISAN and the URL aren't required, and won't be required in future, is that right ?

Ian

Hi Ian, Sorry for the delay.

Your understanding is correct. That is how we understand it.

Rob

Thanks Rob !

Rob Aubey said:

Hi Ian, Sorry for the delay.

Your understanding is correct. That is how we understand it.

Rob

I'm just starting my first Bluray project with DoStudio and the ISAN / Managed Copy URL has been the most puzzling part so far, so thanks Rob clearing that up, now to get down to some actual authoring :-).

Thanks

Matt Stoddart.

Rob Aubey said:

Hello Tony and all,

There have been some recent changes to the Manged Copy feature by the AACS LA Group. Many of the updates and changes are specific to the replicators and handled at that stage of the project.

To answer the question by Ian directly as it applies to DoStudio. The ISAN numbers are no longer an AACS requirement for a Blu-ray replicated project. As such no URL is needed.

I hope this helps, Rob

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Marc Morris replied to Marc Morris's discussion DoStudio - importing Chapters XML from FCPX
"Thanks Rob. Sadly it doesn't open fcpxml files. I purchased XtoCC, but I found a bug in the…"
Jun 13
Rob Aubey replied to Marc Morris's discussion DoStudio - importing Chapters XML from FCPX
"Marc, You could try this tool to see if it will convert the TC of the XML to the correct format.…"
Jun 10
Marc Morris posted a discussion

DoStudio - importing Chapters XML from FCPX

I've recently upgraded from FCP 7 to FCPX, and I had no problem exporting XML chapters from the old…See More
Jun 7
Rob Aubey replied to Scott Rossi's discussion DoStudio
"Hello Scott, Unfortunately, DoStudio is not for sale any longer. I would be interested speaking…"
Feb 8

© 2019   Created by Denny and Rob.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service