Blu-ray + UHD/4K + Streaming

A community for authoring Blu-ray, 4K/UHD and more!

We have discovered an intermittent problem.

Create a new project, add some assets & save it - close DoStudio.

Relaunch & try to open the saved project from the "recent projects" drop-down, and in some cases you will get a message telling you the project does not exist & offering to remove it from the list.

The workaround is to have an explorer window open and make sure it actually writes the dsap file & the content folder.

The problem - obviously - is that the save function seems intermittently buggy, so be very, very careful as it is quite possible you think you have saved a project - with the little * in the title bar going away & all - yet it is not actually updated or saved.

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have been hit by this one repeatedly recently, with the worst case scenario being a total loss of a whole days work.

The save function is intermittent & unreliable. An explorer window must be open - do this & watch the "date modified" field for the DSAP file carefully, as I guarantee you will get bitten by this sooner or later.

I had issues aswell with saving in .80 version of DoStudio. I had to revert. It seems that in every update of DoStudio they manage to introduce some new bug. I'm going to stay with my current version now as it seem to be working fairly ok, there's no point in upgrading if I can manage to work around the annoying bugs of my current version, any update will introduce new ones anyway. And new interesting features doesn't seem to be happening at all. It's either live with it, or go with something else and more expensive.

   

We have the same problem and just lost a week of work because it was unclear what triggered the problem. This is again Banana Software that should be tested by us instead of Sony?

We have to revert - thanks for Neil to point out.

cheers

Sandro

Sony said nobody else has reported this issue when I filed a ticket.

Can you all please report it, or it will not get fixed.

In the meantime - workaround is to check the date modified time updates in Explorer window.



Neil Wilkes said:

Sony said nobody else has reported this issue when I filed a ticket.

Can you all please report it, or it will not get fixed.

done

In the meantime - workaround is to check the date modified time updates in Explorer window.

better: revert to 3.0.59 if you can (Smart Support -> Downloads -> Archive)

Cannot revert - still got projects built in .80 that cannot be opened in earlier versions.

If it is possible to have both, I may well revert though. What are the down sides?

Hello Neil and Sandro,

We do apologize for the project saving issues you have expereienced.

We take any user report of application issues seriously. No matter if it is the first report or multiple reports.

We will be providing an update to DoStudio in the next few days that we are hopeful will eleviate the "saving  projects" issue that has been reported.

Sandro, It would be helpful if you could submit a specific support incident ticket to our DoStudio support system so we can address it specifically and ask more questions if needed. Please find the DSA support web portal under the support tab of the DSSS 3.0 tool.

Thank you.

DSA Support

 

 


I can see no downside because it was just a small jump from .59 to .80 – but: saving works ;)


Neil Wilkes said:

Cannot revert - still got projects built in .80 that cannot be opened in earlier versions.

If it is possible to have both, I may well revert though. What are the down sides?

Hi Guys.

I know full well from personal experience that you take all reports seriously - all I was saying was that you said nobody else had reported the issue so asked those who did see it to file tickets, and I definitely did not mean to imply you were not taking the report seriously. If I did give that impression then I apologise unreservedly (and publicly) as it was utterly unintentional.

Great to hear of the forthcoming update as this is a killer issue....



DoStudio - SCS Pro Services said:

Hello Neil and Sandro,

We do apologize for the project saving issues you have expereienced.

We take any user report of application issues seriously. No matter if it is the first report or multiple reports.

We will be providing an update to DoStudio in the next few days that we are hopeful will eleviate the "saving  projects" issue that has been reported.

Sandro, It would be helpful if you could submit a specific support incident ticket to our DoStudio support system so we can address it specifically and ask more questions if needed. Please find the DSA support web portal under the support tab of the DSSS 3.0 tool.

Thank you.

DSA Support

 

 

Hello Neil and Sandro, Please hold off on installing build 3.0.85 until you hear further from us.

 

Thank you,

DSA Support

eek.

Just as well I came here first.......

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Rob Aubey posted a blog post
Mar 30
Rob Aubey replied to Scott Rossi's discussion DoStudio
"Hello Scott, Unfortunately, DoStudio is not for sale any longer. I would be interested speaking…"
Feb 8
Scott Rossi posted a discussion

DoStudio

I have a customer that wants Disc audio in Pure Audio.  I believe DoStudio was able to do it.  Is…See More
Feb 8
Justin Sevakis replied to Justin Sevakis's discussion UHD Blu-ray playback software
"Uh, well, the most recent patch brought it to v18.0.48757.9505."
Feb 1

© 2019   Created by Denny and Rob.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service