Blu-ray + UHD/4K + Streaming

A community for authoring Blu-ray, 4K/UHD and more!

Hi forum,

99% sure the answer is "it's all OK", but just to be totally sure - people without 96khz capable receivers, upon playing back a DTS HDMA 96khz audio track, will hear a downmixed version, right? They're not going to hear silence? Or do we have to provide an alternative 48khz track?

Thanks!

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello David, Correct. BD player or AVR should downmix from DTS HD MA.

Dolby TRUEHD requires a separate core .ac3 file in the authored play list.

Rob

Just make sure you do not set the core audio option to DTS 9624 and you will be fine, as you cannot set a downmix and use DTS 9624 core audio.

Users without 96K lossless capability (and this should be almost nobody as long as they are hooked up via HDMI 1.4 or analogue out) will get the 48K core stream.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Steve Kirkham replied to Marc Morris's discussion Dual audio + Subtitles options
"Marc I can still help you but it likely makes more sense to be able to do it face to face.…"
Nov 10
Marc Morris replied to Marc Morris's discussion Dual audio + Subtitles options
"I guess my project is a little different to the sample project. Here's what I have: Main…"
Nov 9
Rob Aubey replied to Marc Morris's discussion Dual audio + Subtitles options
"Hi Marcus, It all starts at the Button action setting level. Look at the Setup Menu MB and the…"
Nov 8
Marc Morris replied to Marc Morris's discussion Dual audio + Subtitles options
"I was referring to the GPRMs I've set up (I don't see how they tie-in with the main play…"
Nov 8

© 2017   Created by Denny and Rob.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service