Blu-ray + UHD/4K + Streaming

A community for authoring Blu-ray, 4K/UHD and more!

Hi all

I encoded a video in 59.94, and DoStudio seems to get disoriented with it regarding chapters' absolut time, they are all over the place and in the wrong places now.

Has someone had this happen to them? Should I re-encode in 29.97p to avoid these issues?

TIA and best to all

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Enrique,

It happened once to me but it was my fault. I selected the wrong value in the "Frame per second" of the segment...

Is your video 1280x720? Otherwise (Full HD for example) the frame rate is not valid and this could be the problem.

I changed the "Frame per second" dialog to 29.97 (it was in 59.94) and now all's well...go figure.

I was able to compile and everything works ok, but I'm wary of the 1920 x 1080 59.94 fps stream's validity.

Should I assume that if it works and it compiles everything's ok?

Thanks

Hi Enrique,

Yes everything will be ok, this is because DSA simply converts timecode into frame numbers.  This means there is no real correlation between the frame rate and the video.   

Cheers,

Denny

thanks, Francesco and Denny!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Marc Morris replied to Marc Morris's discussion DoStudio - importing Chapters XML from FCPX
"Thanks Rob. Sadly it doesn't open fcpxml files. I purchased XtoCC, but I found a bug in the…"
Jun 13
Rob Aubey replied to Marc Morris's discussion DoStudio - importing Chapters XML from FCPX
"Marc, You could try this tool to see if it will convert the TC of the XML to the correct format.…"
Jun 10
Marc Morris posted a discussion

DoStudio - importing Chapters XML from FCPX

I've recently upgraded from FCP 7 to FCPX, and I had no problem exporting XML chapters from the old…See More
Jun 7
Rob Aubey replied to Scott Rossi's discussion DoStudio
"Hello Scott, Unfortunately, DoStudio is not for sale any longer. I would be interested speaking…"
Feb 8

© 2019   Created by Denny and Rob.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service